At Ray-Jurgen, we’re pleased to carry the best brands and products in the industry. Our sales and operations team work closely to carefully select which lines we carry. They carefully review the products against our criteria to ensure that they are a good option for our customers and that we should therefore carry them. You’ll note that Ray-Jurgen profitability is not one of the characteristics. While we obviously need to make money to stay in business, our focus is not on what’s best for Ray-Jurgen’s bottom line. It has always been and will always be what’s best for our customers.
Product Carrying Criteria:
- Brand History – we consider how long they have been in business and what their reputation is.
- Equipment Characteristics – does the specific product we’re considering have features customers might value and are they fit for purpose?
- Equipment Longevity – because the best piece of equipment is worthless if it’s designed to live for only one day!
- Maintainability – everything breaks from time to time, and there needs to be a plan in place to fix it.
- Value – while we carry premium brands, they still need to be priced right or they’re useless to our customers.
The most common reason a brand fails our criteria is maintainability. We demand that there be a strong support network before we carry the equipment, whether that is training our technicians on the equipment, using another service company, or factory service. Our technicians are the best in the industry, but even they cannot repair equipment without good training and resources. For some manufacturers, service is apparently an afterthought. This leads to underinvestment in service capabilities, worse service to the customer, and ultimately dissatisfied customers. We don’t carry those manufacturers and don’t think you should buy from them, even when they are the cheapest around. After all, you get what you pay for!